SMPLFD Printing Co is now hiring an experienced Press Operator at its Detroit-based print shop.
This is not a position where you'll be trained or taught, we need you to be able to step in day one and operate the presses. Be professional, be punctual, be able to solve problems on the fly, thrive in a team environment, and have a strong sense of pride in the quality of your work.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Daily operation of M&R Automatic screen printing press
- Ability to set up and tear down without supervision
- Ability to quickly line up multi-color jobs with micro-adjustments
- Understand and perform routine maintenance and trouble shooting
- Follow work orders closely and perform tasks in a timely manner
- Loading and unloading shirts onto the press efficiently and correctly
- Understand the printing process from start to finish
- Working with Print Shop Assistant to creative efficient work environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years experience operating an automatic screen printing press (M&R Auto experience a plus; M&R Diamondback experience a HUGE plus)
- Operating a manual M&R multi-color screen printing press is a plus
- Experience with printing with and mixing plastisol ink is required
- Experience in water based inks is a plus, not required
SKILLS AND CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain an orderly and clean working area
- Must be reliable and show up on time for work
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Perform within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Physical ability to stand and operate press for hours at a time
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
Part-time to full-time potential (30+ hours per week); shop operating hours 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (some weekends may be required).
$18-$20/hour depending on experience; participation in company profit sharing program; PTO.
- Please email email@example.com with:
- Subject: “Press Operator”
- 2 Reference contacts
- Instagram or website link (optional)
SMPLFD is a Detroit-based clothing company founded in 2007. SMPLFD is both a streetwear brand and a custom clothing production facility. Located in a recently renovated warehouse space in Detroit's Islandview neighborhood, SMPLFD specialize in screen printing, embroidery, and graphic design to produce custom wearables and accessories for their brand and for clientele.