SMPLFD Screen Printing Co is now hiring a print shop assistant.
Fast-paced environment that demands the ability to work & think on your feet as you assist in the day-to-day production schedule. Print shop experience preferred but not required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Using the weekly production schedule and production software to ensure daily jobs are production-ready for each shop press
- Working in tandem w/ other Print Shop Assistants, Press Operators, and Production Management
- Assist press operators to ensure maximum efficiency
- On-press quality control
- Catching garments coming out of the dryers
- Stacking, sorting, and boxing garments
- Breakdown down screens to prep for dark room
- Order fulfillment & shipping
- Heat pressing
- Mix & prepare inks
- Daily and weekly cleaning & tidiness to ensure dark room & press room are optimized & organized.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a print shop or other fast paced environments is a plus, but not required.
SKILLS AND CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain an orderly and clean working area
- Must be reliable and show up on time for work
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Perform within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Physical ability to stand for hours at a time
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
Part-time to full-time potential (20+ hours per week); shop operating hours 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (some weekends may be required).
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Subject: “Print Shop Assistant”
- 2 Reference contacts
- Instagram or website link
SMPLFD is a Detroit-based clothing company founded in 2007. SMPLFD is both a streetwear brand and a custom clothing production facility. Located in a recently renovated warehouse space in Detroit's Islandview neighborhood, SMPLFD specialize in screen printing, embroidery, and graphic design to produce custom wearables and accessories for their brand and for clientele.