SMPLFD Printing Co. is hiring a Production Assistant to join its Detroit-based production team.
The position is very HANDS-ON. It will require intellectual and physical versatility, the ability to assist, cooperate, and follow directions.
Main focus will be on the pre and post production departments; however, there may be times that you assist on press in the production department.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintaining quality control by catching & stacking garments at the end of the dryer
- Heat pressing tags, transfers, and other materials
- Assisting in the shipping and receiving department
- Prepping jobs and garments based on the day's schedule
- Using our digital shop management system to keep track of jobs through the different statuses
- Greeting customers at the door & loading their orders into their vehicle
- Inventory management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in fast-paced work environment
- Open to nearly all skills and experience. We can and will train you.
- Prior garment embellishment experience will be a bonus
- Prior production-based experience will be a bonus
- Prior color/ink/design experience will be a bonus
SKILLS AND CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain an orderly and clean working area
- Must be reliable and show up on time for work
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Perform within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Physical ability to stand for hours at a time
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
Part-time to full-time potential (20+ hours per week); shop operating hours 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (some weekends may be required).TO APPLY:
- Please email email@example.com with:
- Subject: “Production Assistant”
- 2 Reference contacts
- Instagram or website link
SMPLFD is a Detroit-based clothing company founded in 2007. SMPLFD is both a streetwear brand and a custom clothing production facility. Located in a recently renovated warehouse space in Detroit's Islandview neighborhood, SMPLFD specialize in screen printing, embroidery, and graphic design to produce custom wearables and accessories for their brand and for clientele.